I’ve learned that MTV has decided not to go forward with comedy pilot Hot Mess following the recent departure of the project’s creator/executive producer Lauren Iungerich. The decision comes as MTV brass are screening pilots for potential series pickups. Hot Mess had been considered a top contender based on strong testing and the pedigree of its creator, Awkward creator/executive Iungerich. But, like on Awkward, I hear Iungerich’s voice was at the core of Hot Mess, and, with her gone, MTV executives ultimately decided not to go forward with the project.
MTV Pilot ‘Hot Mess’ Not Going Forward Following Creator Lauren Iungerich’s Exit
What's Hot on Deadline
'This Is Us' Creator Dan Fogelman Says "You're Going To Get A Lot Of Answers" In Season Finale, Teases Season 4 Details - PaleyFest
Martin Clunes Returns To Cornwall As Filming Begins On Season Nine Of ITV & Acorn TV Medical Drama 'Doc Martin'
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Compares Mueller Investigation Outcome To ‘Lost’ And ‘Seinfeld’ Finales
- Jordan Peele Talks Being A Black Auteur And Disproving Myths Of Representation In Hollywood
- ‘Charmed’ Changes Showrunners, Creative Direction For Season 2
- ‘The Unicorn’: Rob Corddry & Michaela Watkins To Co-Star In CBS Comedy Pilot, John Hamburg To Direct
- Alyssa Milano Urges Hollywood To Speak Up On Georgia’s “Heartbeat Bill” – Guest Column
- Michael Avenatti Released On Bond After Arrest On Federal Fraud And Nike Extortion Charges – Update