EXCLUSIVE: The CW‘s The Selection reboot has found its queen. CSI and Stargate Universe alumna Louise Lombard has joined the project based on Kiera Cass’ book. The Selection, written by Elizabeth Craft and Sarah Fain and directed by Alex Graves, is an epic romance centering on America Singer (Yael Grobglas), a working-class young woman chosen by lottery to participate in a competition with 25 other women for the Royal Prince’s hand to become the nation’s next queen. Lombard will play the current queen, Queen Amberly. Refined, intelligent and beloved by the people, Queen Amberly is a canny political player within the palace, and knows everything there is to know about every single girl in The Selection competition. The role was played by Leonor Varela in the original pilot last year. Lombard, repped by Paradigm and Affirmative Entertainment, was recently seen in the BBC film Dripping In Chocolate.
Louise Lombard Tapped For Queen Role In CW Pilot ‘The Selection’
What's Hot on Deadline
Harvey Weinstein's Lawyer Declares Alleged Victims Have "Lied"; D.A. Only Interested In"Political Correctness"
ABC Midseason Schedule: 'A Million Little Things' On Thursday, 'Dancing With the Stars' On Break, 'Whiskey' & 'Fix' Slotted
Latest TV News
- Ellen DeGeneres Uncertain About The Future Of Her Daytime Talk Show
- Disney Reorganizes International Division Ahead Of Fox Acquisition; Reveals Top Global Execs
- Donald Trump Cancels White House Press Christmas Party, Shocking No One
- ‘South Park’ Santa Delivers A Not So Merry C-Word
- ‘Narcos: Mexico’: Diego Luna And Scoot McNairy Return To Netflix Drama
- Stephen Colbert Celebrates Michael Cohen’s “Slow Descent Into Finding Out What The Law Is”