National Geographic Channel announced today that Locked Up Abroad will be returning for its ninth season on April 17 at 9 PM. The season opener features a profile of Ernie Brace, the longest–held American POW of the Vietnam War. The North Vietnamese imprisoned Brace for almost 8 years, during which he suffered torture, starvation and more. Former GOP Presidential candidate Sen. John McCain met Brace when the Navy man himself was a POW in Vietnam and in solitary confinement. Though the two never saw each other face-to-face until they were released, they communicated through the walls of their prison. Here’s a Locked Up clip with McCain (via Politico) talking about Brace:
John McCain On NatGeo’s ‘Locked Up Abroad’: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
Lee Daniels Lets Loose On "Pain & Anger" That 'Empire' Team Feels Over Jussie Smollett's Alleged Fake Hate Crime
'The Dark Tower' Casts Sam Strike As Gunslinger Roland Deschain, Plus Jasper Pääkkönen As Amazon Nears Pilot Order
Meghan McCain On Donald Trump's Complaint About Dad's Funeral: "I Don't Expect Decency From Trump Family"
David Letterman Tells Ellen DeGeneres He Stayed Too Long At 'Late Show': "Nobody Had The Guts To Fire Me"
Latest TV News
- ‘Deadwood’: HBO Movie Unveils First Teaser & Premiere Date
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Star Emilia Clarke Reveals She Survived Two Surgeries For Brain Aneurysms
- ‘Looking For Alaska’: Hulu Limited Series Adds Six To Cast
- Comcast Debuts Xfinity Flex Streaming Service For Internet-Only Customers
- ‘The Loudest Voice’: Josh Charles To Recur In Showtime’s Roger Ailes Limited Series
- ‘Queen Of The South’: Pepe Rapazote & Alimi Ballard To Recur In Season 4