The upcoming sixth season of HBO‘s vampire drama True Blood will premiere on June 16. This marks the first season without True Blood creator Alan Ball at the helm. The transition recently hit a bump, with Mark Hudis, who had been tapped to succeed Ball as showrunner, replaced by True Blood co-executive producer Brian Buckner earlier this month. But production continued through the changeover, which doesn’t seem to have affected the series’ premiere date as it is in line with previous seasons. At 10 episodes, Season 6 is a tad shorter than the usual 12-episode cycles of the show due to star Anna Paquin’s pregnancy. Stephen Moyer and Alexander Skarsgård co-star.
HBO Sets Premiere Date For Season 6 Of ‘True Blood’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Walking Dead' $300M Lawsuit Looks Trial Bound; AMC's Move To Dismiss Denied Yet Cabler Claims "Victory"
Critics' Choice Awards Nominations: 'The Favourite' Tops With 14, 'Black Panther' A Marvel, 'First Man' Rebounds; 'The Americans' Leads TV Series
'Once Upon A Deadpool' Trailer: Ryan Reynolds, Fred Savage Remind About Movie Release...And Nickelback
Latest TV News
- Showtime Taps Deva Kehoe As SVP Talent Relations & Events
- ‘Carmen Sandiego’ Gets January Premiere Date On Netflix
- Warner Bros. Digital Networks President Craig Hunegs To Depart
- Big Ten Network Taps Fox Sports Ohio Exec Francois McGillicuddy As Its New President
- CBS Strikes $750 Million Deal To Sell Television City To LA Real Estate Firm Hackman Capital Partners
- ‘Walking Dead’ $300M Lawsuit Looks Trial Bound; AMC’s Move To Dismiss Denied Yet Cabler Claims “Victory”…