There’s a new show on Jeff Zucker’s work in progress, aka CNN, tonight. Or rather, a 2-year-old show on CNN actually has a new name as of today. “Tonight the show formerly known as Piers Morgan Tonight gets a new name – @PiersMorganLive CNN 9pmET,” tweeted Piers Morgan earlier today. On the ratings-troubled show Monday, Morgan joked that the name was changed because it “was all live, all the time.” The name change was the host and former America’s Got Talent judge’s idea to emphasis the fact that the NY-based interview show is often actually live, a source tells me. Now the show will always be live Monday to Thursdays. Sounding a lot like Larry King Live, which Morgan replaced in January 2011, the name change was first announced late last week. While Morgan may have tweeted the change today, it looks like he hasn’t updated the background on his Twitter page to reflect his show’s new handle. It still says Piers Morgan Tonight.
CNN’s ‘Piers Morgan Tonight’ Now ‘Piers Morgan Live’
What's Hot on Deadline
Seth MacFarlane Tweets He Is "Embarrassed" To Work For Fox After Tucker Carlson Tells Viewers To Ignore Other News Sources
'Incredibles 2' Record $180M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Donald Trump Responds To Washington Post Staff's Open Letter To Jeff Bezos, Says Strike "Would Be A Great Idea"
Anthony Bourdain's Suicide Mourned By Rose McGowan In New Letter; Didn't Take "Doctor's Advice" In Depression Battle
Latest TV News
- Emma Roberts Teases Return of ‘American Horror Story’s Madison Montgomery
- FIFA World Cup: Fox Sports Sets Record With Argentina-Iceland Match; Telemundo Scores Big With First Presentation
- Fox Sports, USGA Apologize For Graphic Language Inadvertently Broadcast
- Mexico Beats Germany 1-0 In World Cup, Avenges News Outlet’s Insult
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jason Bateman, Jonathan Tucker, And The ‘Queen Sugar’ Cast
- Hollywood Father’s Day Celebrated With Online Celebrity Salutes To Dear Ol’ Dad