EXCLUSIVE: Andrea Riseborough has joined the cast of Birdman, from Biutiful and Babel director Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu. The dark comedy centers on a former actor, famous for playing a superhero, who attempts a career revival by directing a Broadway play and finds his efforts stymied by an egotistical lead actor. Riseborough will play the role of Laura. She joins Michael Keaton, who stars as the former actor, and Ed Norton, whose casting was announced yesterday. She will next be seen March 27 in Welcome To The Punch with James McEvoy and opposite Tom Cruise in Oblivion, which bows April 19.
Andrea Riseborough Joins Ensemble Comedy ‘Birdman’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Walking Dead' $300M Lawsuit Looks Trial Bound; AMC's Move To Dismiss Denied Yet Cabler Claims "Victory"
Latest Film News
- Legion M And Chicken Soup For The Soul Form Film And TV Partnership
- SAG Awards Nominations: The Scorecards
- SAG Awards Nominations: ‘A Star Is Born’, ‘Mrs. Maisel’, ‘Ozark’ Lead Way – The Full…
- SAG Awards Nominations Livestream – Watch
- BAFTA Reveals 2018 New Members: Jodie Whittaker, Hugh Grant, Letitia Wright, Willem Dafoe Among Crop; See Full List
- BBC Films Hires Former Number 9 Exec Claudia Yusef As Head Of Development