EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has pushed the release date for The Hobbit: There And Back Again to December 17, 2014 from its original date of July 18, 2014. This is the final film in Peter Jackson’s trilogy adaptation of the JRR Tolkien novel. Hobbit 3 now avoids going up against X-Men: Days Of Future Past and so far is solo in the December 17th spot. The first film in the trilogy, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey has pulled in $300.9M domestically and $979.9M worldwide since it was released on December 14, 2012. The second installment in the franchise, The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug, will be released on December 13th.
‘The Hobbit 3’ Release Date Delayed To December 17, 2014
What's Hot on Deadline
Lee Daniels Lets Loose On "Pain & Anger" That 'Empire' Team Feels Over Jussie Smollett's Alleged Fake Hate Crime
'The Dark Tower' Casts Sam Strike As Gunslinger Roland Deschain, Plus Jasper Pääkkönen As Amazon Nears Pilot Order
Meghan McCain On Donald Trump's Complaint About Dad's Funeral: "I Don't Expect Decency From Trump Family"
David Letterman Tells Ellen DeGeneres He Stayed Too Long At 'Late Show': "Nobody Had The Guts To Fire Me"
Disney's Bob Iger Hails "A Historic Day For Our Company" Following Fox Deal Close, Stresses Challenges Of Merging The Units
Latest Film News
- ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’s Chelsea Peretti Joins Issa Rae & LaKeith Stanfield In ‘The Photograph’
- Justin Baldoni Inks With WME & Management 360
- MGM Names Netflix’s Stephen Bruno To Chief Marketing Officer Post
- Emily Blunt In Talks To Star In ‘Not Fade Away’ At Annapurna; John Krasinski & David O. Russell Producing
- Lincoln Center 50th Gala Adds Scorsese, Aronofsky, Gyllenhaal, Dee Rees
- Rom-Com ‘Plus One’ Acquired By RLJE Films Ahead Of Tribeca Premiere