Academy Award nominee Christoph Waltz got some extra exposure during the Oscar voting period with a hosting gig on NBC’s Saturday Night Live last night. But the Django Unchained star’s debut on the latenight sketch show pushed ratings down. SNL with host Waltz and musical guest Alabama Shakes averaged a 4.6/12 in the metered-market households, down 6% from last week when Justin Bieber was emcee. In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, last night’s SNL drew a 2.5/11 in adults 18-49, down 7%. NBC would not confirm but if my calculations are correct, this are SNL‘s second lowest results of the season in households and 18-49.
‘SNL’ Ratings Down With Christoph Waltz
What's Hot on Deadline
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest TV News
- ‘Genius’ Production Designer Arv Greywal On The Photograph That Inspired The Look Of ‘Picasso’
- Phil Gurin To Executive Produce Revamped Miss America Competition
- ‘Lucifer’ Set To Light Comic-Con Ablaze, Somehow
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Brings Jon Bernthal Back For Season 9 & Comic-Con
- ‘The Resident’: Malcolm-Jamal Warner & Glenn Morshower Upped To Series Regulars For Season 2 Of Fox Drama
- ‘Crashing’ Casts Madeline Wise; Emmett Scanlan Joins ‘Lore’