Jimmy Smits is set to return to FX‘s flagship drama Sons Of Anarchy, reprising his role as Neron “Nero” Padilla, a former gangbanger whose exit strategy is trumped by his partnership with Jax (Charlie Hunnam). Smits appeared in 12 of the 13 episodes from Anarchy‘s fifth season. He has now signed on to do all episodes from Season 6, which is shaping to be even more intense and volatile. Production begins in late spring for a September premiere. Emmy winner Smits, repped by UTA and Brillstein Entertainment and Tom Hoberman, is coming off a successful run in Motherf**ker With The Hat at Chicago’s Steppenwolf Theatre. On Anarchy, produced by Fox 21 and FX Prods, he is joined by Donal Logue, who also is coming back after making his debut on the show last season. Sons of Anarchy is the highest-rated series ever on FX, and its recent fifth season ranks as the series’ highest-rated yet with first-run episodes averaging 6.37 million total viewers and 4.35 million adults 18-49, a +16% increase in both categories vs. Season 4.
Jimmy Smits Back For Season 6 Of ‘Sons Of Anarchy’
What's Hot on Deadline
Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic 'Eurovision' As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest TV News
- Steve Levitan Joins Seth MacFarlane In Denouncing Fox After Controversial Laura Ingraham Detention Centers Comment
- Fox News’ Laura Ingraham Under Fire After Calling Detention Centers “Summer Camps” For Immigrant Children
- Millie Bobby Brown Addresses Bullying During MTV Movie & TV Awards Acceptance Speech
- MTV Movie & TV Awards Winners: ‘Black Panther’, ‘Stranger Things’ Among Top Honorees…
- MTV Movie & TV Awards: Michael B. Jordan Wins For Best Villain, Says He Thought “Roseanne Had It In The Bag”
- ‘Othello’ Review: Chukwudi Iwuji, Corey Stoll & No Gimmicks In Central Park