EXCLUSIVE: Ethan Hawke, hot off his latest pic Before Midnight which sold to Sony Pictures Classics at Sundance, has inked with The Schiff Company. He adds the management firm to his longtime agent team at CAA and lawyer George Sheanshang. Hawke, an actor-screenwriter-director who also works on the stage, was last seen on the big screen in October in the Summit horror film Sinister, and he next stars in the The Purge for Universal which bows May 31. Sony Classics plans a May 24 platform release for Before Midnight, the third installment of the Richard Linklater-directed series starring Hawke and July Delpy. The latest attracted seven buyers after it premiered in Park City to rave reviews last month and the final price tag was well into seven figures — one of the big deals of the festival.
Ethan Hawke Signs With The Schiff Company
What's Hot on Deadline
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest Film News
- California Split: Who Would Get Custody Of The Golden State Movies If Ballot Measure Passes?
- CAA Signs ‘Get Out’s Daniel Kaluuya
- Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic ‘Eurovision’ As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
- WarnerMedia CEO John Stankey: No More Top Exec Exits Expected Soon
- Hirokazu Kore-eda’s Cannes Winner ‘Shoplifters’ Continues Japan Box Office Surge, Crosses $16M In…
- Sammy Davis Jr. Biopic Project Sets Up At Paramount Pictures