Less than a month into his tenure at CNN, Jeff Zucker is moving his people into high places. The news network said today that former NBCUniversal VP Corporate Communications Allison Gollust will come aboard in March as SVP Communications for CNN Worldwide. “In the 15 years that Allison and I have worked together, I’ve depended on her judgment, counsel and relationships. Allison is joining CNN at an exciting time, and she and the strong communications team she’s inheriting will play a critical role in shaping the organization and its story going forward. It’s great to have her at CNN”, said Zucker in a statement Friday. Zucker later said in a memo to staff that while Gollust wouldn’t “officially” start until next month, “if you cross paths in the meantime, please say hello and welcome her.” Gollust first started working with Zucker back in 1997 as senior publicist for Today when he ran the NBC morning show. Since leaving NBCUniversal, Gollust has served as communications director for New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo for the past four months. The governor’s brother Chris Cuomo joined CNN from ABC in late January. Gollust will serve as chief spokesperson for CNN and will report to Jeff Matteson, SVP for Turner Broadcasting, “while working closely with her longtime colleague” Zucker according to CNN. CNN’s current SVP for Communications Christa Robinson will be leaving the company after 14 years working there.
CNN Hires Jeff Zucker’s Former NBC Ally As PR Chief
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
Latest TV News
- James Corden Concludes ‘The Late Late Show’s Week In London After 1M Apply For Tickets
- Paul McCartney Redefines ‘Carpool Karaoke’ With James Corden In Liverpool
- Stephen Colbert Shames Melania For “I Really Don’t Care” ‘Jacket Seen Round The World
- ‘Dear White People’ Renewed For Season 3 By Netflix
- ‘Roseanne’ Spinoff ‘The Conners’ Picked Up By ABC With No Roseanne Barr Involvement
- Starz Donates Big Bucks For TV Scribes’ Push To Stop Border Family Separation