Barbara Walters has been away from her anchor chair on The View since January 22, when she fainted and suffered a concussion the weekend before while on assignment for ABC News at the Presidential Inauguration. She was diagnosed with chicken pox during her hospital stay. She checked in with The View today, saying via phone that she will return March 4. “No more chicken pox. … I haven’t been contagious for a while, but they wanted me to have rest, and I’ve had enough rest and I’m ready to come back”, the 83-year-old said.
Barbara Walters Returns To ‘The View’ On Monday
What's Hot on Deadline
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest TV News
- ‘Genius’ Production Designer Arv Greywal On The Photograph That Inspired The Look Of ‘Picasso’
- Phil Gurin To Executive Produce Revamped Miss America Competition
- ‘Lucifer’ Set To Light Comic-Con Ablaze, Somehow
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Brings Jon Bernthal Back For Season 9 & Comic-Con
- ‘The Resident’: Malcolm-Jamal Warner & Glenn Morshower Upped To Series Regulars For Season 2 Of Fox Drama
- ‘Crashing’ Casts Madeline Wise; Emmett Scanlan Joins ‘Lore’