The films The Way, Way Back played strongly at Eccles, and tonight is The Necessary Death Of Charlie Countryman. Sounds like another late night for buyers, sellers and the journos who stalk them. Negotiations continue on Austenland, but not with original first position suitors FilmDistrict and Exclusive Media. There was never an exclusive negotiation on this, but the sellers will make a different deal. There is also action on the Richard Linklater-directed Before Midnight, with Lionsgate sweet on it, among a bunch of other distributors, which is remarkable for the third leg of this classy trilogy, with no explosions to speak of.
Sundance: Looks Like Another Late Night
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel': Star Rachel Brosnahan & Co-Star Tony Shalhoub Nab Big Raises, Alex Borstein Nears New Deal
Latest Film News
- Bette Midler to Perform Song From ‘Mary Poppins Returns’ At Oscars
- ‘If Beale Street Could Talk’ Puts The Mass Incarceration Issue On The Big Screen – Guest Column
- Berlin Film Festival 2019 Winners: Nadav Lapid’s ‘Synonyms’ Takes Golden Bear; Full List Of Winners
- Bruno Ganz Dies: Swiss Actor In ‘Downfall’ Was 77
- Dave Smith Dies: Walt Disney Archives Founder Was 78
- Christopher Knopf Dies: Former President Of The Writers Guild Of America West Was 91