The films The Way, Way Back played strongly at Eccles, and tonight is The Necessary Death Of Charlie Countryman. Sounds like another late night for buyers, sellers and the journos who stalk them. Negotiations continue on Austenland, but not with original first position suitors FilmDistrict and Exclusive Media. There was never an exclusive negotiation on this, but the sellers will make a different deal. There is also action on the Richard Linklater-directed Before Midnight, with Lionsgate sweet on it, among a bunch of other distributors, which is remarkable for the third leg of this classy trilogy, with no explosions to speak of.
Sundance: Looks Like Another Late Night
What's Hot on Deadline
Jake Tapper Weighs In On Donald Trump Jr.'s Anderson Cooper Meme Feud: "What To Expect From A Pig But A Grunt?"
Latest Film News
- ‘Stan & Ollie’ Trailer: Steve Coogan & John C. Reilly Find The Drama In Comedy In Laurel & Hardy Biopic
- ‘One Day At A Time’ Star Justina Machado Inks With UTA
- Walt Disney Studios Ups Ryan Stankevich and Martha Morrison To SVP Global Marketing Posts
- Cavalry Media, On Heels Of Setting Thai Cave Rescue Movie, Adds To Exec Ranks
- ‘Brian Banks’ First Look: Powerful And Inspiring New Film From Tom Shadyac To Hit Los Angeles Film Festival
- Skydance Media Taps Warner Bros Veteran Jack Horner As SVP Corporate Communications & Publicity