Fox considered DVR play so important for new midseason drama The Following, it ran “Set Your DVR!’ ads for the show as part of the launch campaign, the first time anyone had done that. Many viewers did put the Kevin Bacon serial killer drama on their DVRs, and in Live +3, The Following’s Monday premiere rose to a 4.3/10 among adults 18-49, up +34% from its L+SD rating (3.2). The Following remains the second-highest rated drama debut of the season behind NBC’s Revolution (5.4/15 in Live+3, 33% gain vs. L+SD), just ahead of CBS’ Elementary (4.2/12). It also edged Fox’s cancelled 2011-12 dramas Terra Nova (4.1 in the L+3) and Alcatraz (4.0).
Fox’s ‘Following’ Gets DVR Boost In Live+3
What's Hot on Deadline
'Vice' Enters The Oscar Race, Wins Praise For Christian Bale's Dick Cheney, Amy Adams And Adam McKay At Early Screening
First Lady Of The United States Drama Produced By Michael Weatherly & Eric Christian Olsen In Works At CBS
'Crimes Of Grindelwald' Falls Short Stateside With $62M Debut, Celebrates Overseas Win As 'Fantastic Beasts' Series Hits $1 Billion-Plus
'Last Man Standing', 'Blue Bloods' Lead Friday Ratings; ABC Duo & 'Midnight, Texas' Hit Season Highs
Latest TV News
- Condoleeza Rice Under Consideration For Cleveland Browns Head Coach – ESPN Report
- Claire Foy To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Steve Carell’s Jeff Bezos Trolls Donald Trump In ‘Saturday Night Live’ Skit
- The Only Reboot ‘Scrubs’ Creator Bill Lawrence Would Consider Is A Movie
- ‘The Office’ Alums Join Steve Carell For Reunion On ‘SNL’, Urge Him To Do Reboot
- Lana Condor On Possible 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Sequel: “The Whole Cast Would Love To Do It"