The Django Unchained actor is already in the thick of the Supporting Actor Oscar race after taking the Golden Globe earlier this month for his role as bounty hunter King Schultz in the Quentin Tarantino pic. Now Christoph Waltz will get some free “for your consideration” face time when he hosts Saturday Night Live for the first time February 16 — a week and a day before the February 24 Academy Awards. NBC made the announcement today about the gig, which puts Waltz in front of the country (and undecided Oscar voters?) three days before Academy members’ final ballots are due. Alabama Shakes will be the musical guest.
Christoph Waltz To Host ‘SNL’ A Week Before Oscars
What's Hot on Deadline
Chevy Chase Blasts 'Saturday Night Live', Will Ferrell, Tina Fey & Everyone Else Not Dan Aykroyd Or Gilda Radner
Kelly Clarkson Syndicated Talk Show Set For Fall 2019 Launch On NBC Stations, Replaces Steve Harvey Talker
Man Featured On Bravo Dating Show Charged With Rape, Other Felonies; Might Be "A Thousand" Victims, DA Says
Jake Tapper Weighs In On Donald Trump Jr.'s Anderson Cooper Meme Feud: "What To Expect From A Pig But A Grunt?"
Latest TV News
- Greg Berlanti Assembles Star Cast For Charity ‘Terms of Endearment’ Reading
- ‘Walking Dead’ Kicks Off “Decade” Of Expansion Plans With NYC Double-Shot & New Season 9 Photos
- ‘American Horror Story: Apocalypse’ Premiere Was TV’s Biggest Show Of Night In L+3
- NBC Buys Condo Comedy From Seth Meyers Starring His Brother Josh Meyers
- Potential TV Animation Strike Averted As SAG-AFTRA And AMPTP Reach Deal
- Brett Kavanaugh ‘He Said/She Said’ TV News Drama Set For Monday After Sen. Grassley Rejects Assault-Claim Delay