EXCLUSIVE: Starz has put in development Turf, a drama series project charting the birth of hip-hop from the violence of gang life in 1970s Bronx. It will be written by Patrick Macmanus. This marks the second sale for Macmanus, who also is co-writing with Grant Scharbo the CW’s Sleepy Hollow, an updated take on the headless horseman story. Macmanus, repped by CAA and Evolution Entertainment, currently lives in Zimbabwe where his wife works for the U.S. government. He was last on staff for Starz on Marco Polo and Noir before that.
Starz Developing Drama Series About The Birth Of Hip-Hop
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel': Star Rachel Brosnahan & Co-Star Tony Shalhoub Nab Big Raises, Alex Borstein Nears New Deal
Latest TV News
- President Donald Trump Tweetstorm – The Saturday Edition
- Friday Ratings: Fox’s ‘Proven Innocent’ Starts Soft, But ‘Last Man Standing’ Tops Demos
- Bill Maher Likens Nitpicking Of Oscar Best Picture Field To Undermining Of 2020 Democratic Field: “Let’s Not Eat Our Own”…
- Dave Smith Dies: Walt Disney Archives Founder Was 78
- Christopher Knopf Dies: Former President Of The Writers Guild Of America West Was 91
- Jussie Smollett Assault Suspects Released, “New Evidence” Cited – Update