Just over a month after it debuted, MTV announced today that Catfish: The TV Show will be coming back for a second season in 2013. Based on the 2010 documentary Catfish, the show debuted on November 12. Last month Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman singled out the 11 PM premiere of Catfish: The TV Show as having had ”the highest-rated launch in MTV history.” With Nev Schulman, whose own online love drama was the basis of the 2010 doc, and filmmaker Max Joseph as hosts, Catfish: The TV Show “aims to tackle “the mystery and complexities of dating in a digital world,” according to MTV. New episodes of the show will start airing on January 7, 2013.
MTV Renews ‘Catfish’ For Second Season
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Asks Whether Donald Trump's 'SNL' Tweet Is "A Threat To My Safety And That Of My Family?"
'Alita' Adds $56M Overseas; 'The Wandering Earth' Becomes #2 Movie Ever In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Fox's ‘Gordon Ramsay's 24 Hours To Hell And Back’ Cooks Up Russian Remake
- Colin Farrell To Star In See-Saw Films’ Arctic Whaling Drama ‘The North Water’ For BBC
- Hulu’s ‘Fyre Fraud’ Doc Set To Go Global After eOne Secures International Rights
- Joan & Jackie Collins’ Life Story To Be Turned Into TV Series By ‘Stan & Ollie’ Producer…
- Juno Temple-Fronted Period Drama ‘Little Birds’ & Sci-Fi Drama ‘Intergalactic’ Lead Sky…
- UK Pay-TV Giant Sky Promotes Cameron Roach To Head Of Drama Following Anne Mensah’s Exit