Director Gus Van Sant has lent his support as executive producer to Xavier Dolan’s third movie Laurence Anyways. The film debuted in the Un Certain Regard sidebar at the Cannes Film Festival where Suzanne Clement garnered a best actress nod for for her role as a woman coming to terms with the admission of her fiance (Melvil Poupaud) that he wants to become a woman. Breaking Glass Pictures plans a U.S. release next year. The distrib acquired Laurence Anyways at the Toronto International Film Festival where it was named best Canadian feature.
Gus Van Sant Joins ‘Laurence Anyways’ As Exec Producer
What's Hot on Deadline
Jussie Smollett Criminal Charges Dropped; State Says "Appropriate Resolution," Family "Thank God" - Update
Livid Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel Insists Jussie Smollett Is Guilty: "Is There No Decency In This Man?"
Stephen Colbert Compares Mueller Probe Outcome To 'Lost' & 'Seinfeld' Finales, Says "I'm Sorry" To Donald Trump
Latest Film News
- Neve Campbell, Tom Cullen, Keir Gilchrist Join Indie Drama ‘Castle in the Ground’
- WGA Lays Out Action Plan If Talks With ATA Fail To Reach New Franchise Agreement
- How Much Green Did ‘The Grinch’ Steal? No. 9 In Deadline’s 2018 Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament
- Columbia Pictures & Blumhouse Officially Tap Zoe Lister-Jones To Direct & Write ‘The Craft’ Reboot
- Carol Burnett Book ‘Carrie And Me’ In Works As Movie At Focus Features With Tina Fey, Steven Rogers Producing
- Sugar23 Takes Minority Stake In Short of The Week; Cary Fukunaga, David Gordon Green, Michael Sugar Join Advisory Board