FX’s new drama series The Americans will premiere on January 30, airing in the Wednesday 10 PM slot where the cable network currently airs American Horror Story: The Asylum. The Americans is a period drama about the complex marriage of two KGB spies (Matthew Rhys, Keri Russell) posing as Americans in suburban Washington D.C. shortly after Ronald Reagan is elected President. Tensions heighten upon the arrival of a new neighbor, Stan Beeman (Noah Emmerich), an FBI agent. The Americans was created by Joe Weisberg (Falling Skies), a CIA agent-turned-author. Weisberg, Joel Fields, Graham Yost and Amblin TV’s Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank executive produce for Fox TV Studios and FX Prods. Here is the series’ first trailer, which was released last month.
FX’s Cold War Drama ‘The Americans’ Gets Premiere Date
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Asks Whether Donald Trump's 'SNL' Tweet Is "A Threat To My Safety And That Of My Family?"
'Alita' Adds $56M Overseas; 'The Wandering Earth' Becomes #2 Movie Ever In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Fox's ‘Gordon Ramsay's 24 Hours To Hell And Back’ Cooks Up Russian Remake
- Colin Farrell To Star In See-Saw Films’ Arctic Whaling Drama ‘The North Water’ For BBC
- Hulu’s ‘Fyre Fraud’ Doc Set To Go Global After eOne Secures International Rights
- Joan & Jackie Collins’ Life Story To Be Turned Into TV Series By ‘Stan & Ollie’ Producer…
- Juno Temple-Fronted Period Drama ‘Little Birds’ & Sci-Fi Drama ‘Intergalactic’ Lead Sky…
- UK Pay-TV Giant Sky Promotes Cameron Roach To Head Of Drama Following Anne Mensah’s Exit