TOLDJA! Here’s more proof that the movie multiplexes were busy this Christmas Day. That’s when Fandango says it broke its own 12-year company record for most tickets sold in a single day. The previous record-holder for the online service was May 4th when The Avengers opened. “Our record-breaking sales point to a tremendous variety of holiday film choices that are connecting with audiences,” Paul Yanover, President of Fandango, said in a statement.
Fandango Sets New Movie Ticket Sales Record
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Royals' Canceled By E! After 4 Seasons, Shopped By Lionsgate With Pop Eyed As Possible New Home
'Crazy Rich Asians' Takes $5M Wednesday, 5-Day Forecast $23M-$25M; 'Meg' Swims To $59M+ - Thursday AM B.O.
President Donald Trump Gets Personal Noting Death Of Aretha Franklin: "She Worked For Me On Numerous Occasions"
Latest Film News
- Broadway’s ‘Pretty Woman’ Musical: All Dressed Up With No Place To Go – Review
- IATSE President Accuses Editors Guild Leader Of Violating Federal Labor Law
- John Landis, Who Directed Aretha Franklin’s Only Two Movies, Remembers Her ‘Blues Brothers’ Turns
- Sarah Jessica Parker’s ‘Here And Now’ To Hit Theaters In November In AMBI & Paramount Deal
- Bankruptcy Court OKs Sale Of Relativity Media To UltraV Holdings
- Imagine Entertainment Ups Karen Lunder To Head Film Development & Production