The former president of Landmark Communications, and chairman of The Weather Channel, was picked by Advance/Newhouse which controls more than 25% of Discovery’s voting shares and has the right to name three board members. Anstrom replaces Larry Kramer who left in June after he was named publisher of USA Today. Discovery says in an SEC filing that Anstrom likely will serve on the board’s Audit Committee. Once the cable industry’s chief lobbyist, Anstrom was a member of Comcast’s board for a decade ending September 2011 when the company said he left “in order to satisfy other professional commitments that, among other things, will involve significant foreign travel.”
Decker Anstrom Joins Discovery Board
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Asks Whether Donald Trump's 'SNL' Tweet Is "A Threat To My Safety And That Of My Family?"
'Alita' Adds $56M Overseas; 'The Wandering Earth' Becomes #2 Movie Ever In China - International Box Office
Latest Business News
- Karl Lagerfeld Dies; Fashion Supremo & Chanel Creative Director Was 85
- Time’s Up President Lisa Borders Resigns: “I Hope My Efforts Will Continue To Resonate”
- WGA & SAG-AFTRA Taking Sharply Different Approaches At Bargaining Table With Agencies And Ad Industry
- R. Kelly Grand Jury Reportedly Seated Amid New Evidence: Report
- ‘2025’: How Did Keshet’s ‘Black Mirror’-Meets-‘Monopoly’ Entertainment Format Land?
- Adam McKay: “I Stand In Solidarity With The WGA” In ATA Negotiations; Farrelly Brothers & Barry Jenkins Agree