A piano used in the Humphrey Bogart-Ingrid Bergman film Casablanca sold for just over $600,000, Reuters reported. Bids of between $800,000 and $1 million had been predicted. The 58-key upright piano on which actor and singer Dooley Wilson performed “As Time Goes By” sold at Sotheby’s for $602,500 including commission. Bergman’s memorable lines included “Play it once, Sam, for old times’ sake, play ‘As Time Goes By’.” Sotheby’s in 1988 had sold the piano to a Japanese collector who paid $154,000. Yesterday’s buyer was not identified.
‘Casablanca’ Piano Auctioned For $600K
What's Hot on Deadline
'Vice' Enters The Oscar Race, Wins Praise For Christian Bale's Dick Cheney, Amy Adams And Adam McKay At Early Screening
First Lady Of The United States Drama Produced By Michael Weatherly & Eric Christian Olsen In Works At CBS
'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald' Eases Loot To $63M+ Opening; Awards Season Fare Struggles
Latest Film News
- Constance Wu: 'Crazy Rich Asians' Sequel Must Wait; She’s Not Yet Attached To Jennifer Lopez Film
- Lana Condor On Possible 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Sequel: “The Whole Cast Would Love To Do It"
- ‘Vice’ Enters The Oscar Race, Wins Praise For Christian Bale’s Dick Cheney, Amy Adams And Adam McKay At Early…
- Disney Unveils ‘Galaxy’s Edge’ Teasers, Including New John Williams Music, Ride Previews
- YouTube Now Streams Ad-Supported Movies Including ‘Legally Blonde’, ‘Rocky’
- Ira Sachs Drama ‘A Family Vacation’ Starring Isabelle Huppert Gets New Title, Release Date