The Weinstein Company initially had planned to open the David O. Russell picture wide on Thanksgiving weekend, but now says The Silver Linings Playbook will open in about 16 theaters in 10 cities this weekend. Then it will expand into 440 locations over Thanksgiving weekend. That’s down from the company’s previous estimate of 2,000 theaters. Weinstein probably will add more cinemas weekly through December, possibly reaching 2,000+ locations after New Year’s. Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence star in the pic that has scored several key festival wins.
‘Silver Linings Playbook’ Shifts To Platform Rollout
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel': Star Rachel Brosnahan & Co-Star Tony Shalhoub Nab Big Raises, Alex Borstein Nears New Deal
Bill Maher Likens Nitpicking Of Oscar Best Picture Field To Undermining Of 2020 Democratic Field: "Let's Not Eat Our Own"
Latest Film News
- Dave Smith Dies: Walt Disney Archives Founder Was 78
- Christopher Knopf Dies: Former President Of The Writers Guild Of America West Was 91
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Academy Crisis Averted; Spike Lee On 2 Words He Won’t Say; Is This Finally The Year For Oscar …
- ASC Boss Thanks Academy In New Open Letter As Hollywood Reacts To Oscars Rethink
- Oscars Last Call: Adam McKay’s ‘Vice’ Analyzed By ‘One Percent Doctrine’ Author Ron Suskind
- ‘Descendants 3’ Teaser And First Synopsis Out From Disney Channel