After being primed to hit $100M globally on Thursday, Skyfall has secured the biggest seven-day gross of all time in the UK. With £37.2M ($59.86M), the film overtook Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2’s first-week gross of £35.7M ($57.4M) to make UK box office history. The 23rd James Bond film opened October 26 and was Britain’s 2D all-time biggest Friday opener and 2D biggest opening weekend. It clobbered previous records set by the two other Daniel Craig/007 movies almost everywhere. It’s also overtaken Ted to become the third-highest-grosser of the year in the UK behind The Dark Knight Rises and The Avengers. Skyfall opens in North America on IMAX screens November 8 and goes wide November 9.
‘Skyfall’ Passes Last ‘Potter’ To Break 7-Day UK Record; Now Year’s 3rd-Highest Grosser
What's Hot on Deadline
Seth MacFarlane Tweets He Is "Embarrassed" To Work For Fox After Tucker Carlson Tells Viewers To Ignore Other News Sources
'Incredibles 2' Record $180M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Donald Trump Responds To Washington Post Staff's Open Letter To Jeff Bezos, Says Strike "Would Be A Great Idea"
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Rises To $370M Overseas; ‘Incredibles 2’ Powers $52M Early Bow – International Box…
- MoviePass Reps 40% Of ‘Gotti’s $1.67M Opening As Critics Slaughter John Travolta Mob Pic
- ‘Incredibles 2’ Record $180M Beats ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Opening & Lifetime Totals Of ‘Cars 3’, ‘A Bug’s Life…
- ‘Gotti’ Gets Whacked With 0% Rotten Tomatoes Score: A Deeper Look
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Devouring $125M In China; Franchise Will Stomp Across $4B WW This Frame
- After AT&T-Time Warner Merger, Will PVOD Talk Rear Its Head Again?