Things continue to get better for NBC’s Whitney. In May, the multi-camera comedy received a 13-episode second-season order and a Friday 8 PM slot. Last month, it was upgraded to the higher-profile Wednesday 8 PM berth, which was previously occupied. And now the network has given it an order for five more scripts, increasing the show’s chances for a back episodic order. Whitney, which will open its second season next Wednesday, joins its new time slot mate, freshman comedy Guys With Kids, which also has a five-script order as does new NBC drama Chicago Fire.
NBC’s ‘Whitney’ Gets Order For 5 Scripts
What's Hot on Deadline
'Vice' Enters The Oscar Race, Wins Praise For Christian Bale's Dick Cheney, Amy Adams And Adam McKay At Early Screening
First Lady Of The United States Drama Produced By Michael Weatherly & Eric Christian Olsen In Works At CBS
'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald' Eases Loot To $63M+ Opening; Awards Season Fare Struggles
Latest TV News
- Claire Foy To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Steve Carell’s Jeff Bezos Trolls Donald Trump In ‘Saturday Night Live’ Skit
- The Only Reboot ‘Scrubs’ Creator Bill Lawrence Would Consider Is A Movie
- ‘The Office’ Alums Join Steve Carell For Reunion On ‘SNL’, Urge Him To Do Reboot
- Lana Condor On Possible 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Sequel: “The Whole Cast Would Love To Do It"
- ‘SNL’ Cold Open: Kate McKinnon’s Laura Ingraham Scrapes The Fox News Barrel