Things continue to get better for NBC’s Whitney. In May, the multi-camera comedy received a 13-episode second-season order and a Friday 8 PM slot. Last month, it was upgraded to the higher-profile Wednesday 8 PM berth, which was previously occupied. And now the network has given it an order for five more scripts, increasing the show’s chances for a back episodic order. Whitney, which will open its second season next Wednesday, joins its new time slot mate, freshman comedy Guys With Kids, which also has a five-script order as does new NBC drama Chicago Fire.
NBC’s ‘Whitney’ Gets Order For 5 Scripts
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
Latest TV News
- John Mulaney To Return As ‘Saturday Night Live’ Host
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Takes Top Film Honor At Cinema Audio Society Awards
- ‘Vice’, ‘Mrs. Maisel’ Among Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards Winners
- 'Saturday Night Live' Cold Open – Alec Baldwin’s Trump Declares ‘Fake’ Border Emergency
- Jussie Smollett’s Lawyers Say ‘Empire’ Star Didn’t Play “Role In His Own Attack”
- Jussie Smollett Viewed As “Active Participant” By Cops In Alleged Assault