Things continue to get better for NBC’s Whitney. In May, the multi-camera comedy received a 13-episode second-season order and a Friday 8 PM slot. Last month, it was upgraded to the higher-profile Wednesday 8 PM berth, which was previously occupied. And now the network has given it an order for five more scripts, increasing the show’s chances for a back episodic order. Whitney, which will open its second season next Wednesday, joins its new time slot mate, freshman comedy Guys With Kids, which also has a five-script order as does new NBC drama Chicago Fire.
NBC’s ‘Whitney’ Gets Order For 5 Scripts
What's Hot on Deadline
Seth MacFarlane Tweets He Is "Embarrassed" To Work For Fox After Tucker Carlson Tells Viewers To Ignore Other News Sources
'Incredibles 2' Record $180M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Donald Trump Responds To Washington Post Staff's Open Letter To Jeff Bezos, Says Strike "Would Be A Great Idea"
Anthony Bourdain's Suicide Mourned By Rose McGowan In New Letter; Didn't Take "Doctor's Advice" In Depression Battle
Latest TV News
- Emma Roberts Teases Return of ‘American Horror Story’s Madison Montgomery
- FIFA World Cup: Fox Sports Sets Record With Argentina-Iceland Match; Telemundo Scores Big With First Presentation
- Fox Sports, USGA Apologize For Graphic Language Inadvertently Broadcast
- Mexico Beats Germany 1-0 In World Cup, Avenges News Outlet’s Insult
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jason Bateman, Jonathan Tucker, And The ‘Queen Sugar’ Cast
- Hollywood Father’s Day Celebrated With Online Celebrity Salutes To Dear Ol’ Dad