Jonathan Demme will receive the Cinema Audio Society Filmmaker Award at the 49th CAS Awards on February 16 at Millennium-Biltmore in Los Angeles. Demme’s career spans 40 years as a writer-director-producer, and his credits include The Silence Of The Lambs, Philadelphia, The Manchurian Candidate, Married To The Mob and Neil Young: Heart Of Gold. All of those pics were made with sound mixer Chris Newman, who is receiving the CAS Career Achievement Award this year. Demme’s latest project is based on Andre Gregory and Wallace Shawn’s adaptation of the Ibsen play Master Builder, now in postproduction. The CAS Awards will honor Outstanding Achievements in Sound Mixing in six categories.
Cinema Audio Society To Honor Jonathan Demme
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Mocks Melania Trump's Public Demand Husband Fire National Security Official Over Africa Trip Squabble
Fox News & CBS Join News Outlets Supporting CNN In Lawsuit To Restore Jim Acosta's White House Credentials
Netflix Greenlights 'Rhythm & Flow' Music Competition Series, Sets Cardi B, Chance the Rapper & T.I. As Judges
'This Is Us' Tops Demo; 'NCIS' Rules Total Viewers As Tuesday Shows Take Midterm Election Preemption Hits
Latest Awardsline News
- ‘A Twelve-Year Night’ Director On Exploring How To Stay Human When Your Humanity Is Taken Away – Awardsline…
- ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ Named As AAFCA’s Special Achievement Award Recipient
- ‘Hotel Transylvania 3’ Helmer Genndy Tartakovsky Confronts Studio Notes, Striving To Break Out With…
- How Editor John Ottman Helped Rescue ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ – Podcast
- Can Barrier-Breaking ‘Black Panther’ Become The First Superhero Movie Nominated For Best Picture?
- ‘The Old Man & The Gun’ DP Joe Anderson Gives Camera A “Twinkle In The Eye” For Memorable Robert…