Jonathan Demme will receive the Cinema Audio Society Filmmaker Award at the 49th CAS Awards on February 16 at Millennium-Biltmore in Los Angeles. Demme’s career spans 40 years as a writer-director-producer, and his credits include The Silence Of The Lambs, Philadelphia, The Manchurian Candidate, Married To The Mob and Neil Young: Heart Of Gold. All of those pics were made with sound mixer Chris Newman, who is receiving the CAS Career Achievement Award this year. Demme’s latest project is based on Andre Gregory and Wallace Shawn’s adaptation of the Ibsen play Master Builder, now in postproduction. The CAS Awards will honor Outstanding Achievements in Sound Mixing in six categories.
Cinema Audio Society To Honor Jonathan Demme
What's Hot on Deadline
Seth MacFarlane Tweets He Is "Embarrassed" To Work For Fox After Tucker Carlson Tells Viewers To Ignore Other News Sources
'Incredibles 2' Record $180M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Donald Trump Responds To Washington Post Staff's Open Letter To Jeff Bezos, Says Strike "Would Be A Great Idea"
Anthony Bourdain's Suicide Mourned By Rose McGowan In New Letter; Didn't Take "Doctor's Advice" In Depression Battle
Latest Awardsline News
- Notes On The Season: Can Kevin Spacey Win An Emmy?; Jessica Biel On The Toll Of ‘The Sinner’; J.K. Simmons Stars…
- ‘Red Machete’ Producers Add To ‘The Walking Dead’ Lore, Examining Inanimate Protagonist
- How Composer Daniel Pemberton Brought The Funk To ‘Ocean’s 8’
- Hiro Murai Throws Out Rulebook With ‘Atlanta’, Delivers Visceral Action With ‘Barry’ & Wows With “This Is America”…
- Confronting Hollywood Ageism, ‘Mosaic’s Sharon Stone Refuses To Be Constrained
- Freddie Highmore Took Only Three Days To Transition From ‘Bates Motel’ To ABC Medical Drama ‘The Good Doctor…