Dwayne Johnson really will play the classic strongman Hercules onscreen. The Brett Ratner-directed Hercules action film will be co-produced by Paramount and MGM, the companies announced today. Johnson and Ratner’s names have been attached to the project since early spring. The screenplay was adapted by Ryan Condal from Radical Studios’ graphic novel Hercules: The Thracian Wars; Evan Spiliotopoulos did script revisions. Beau Flynn, Barry Levine and Ratner will produce. Peter Berg, Sarah Aubrey and Jesse Berger will executive produce. Production is scheduled to start in early 2013. Condal is repped by WME. Ratner is repped by CAA. Johnson is repped by WME and The Garcia Companies.
Paramount & MGM Team Up For ‘Hercules’; Dwayne Johnson To Star, Brett Ratner To Direct
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Coogler & MACRO Set Black Panthers Pic With Warner Bros; Daniel Kaluuya & Lakeith Stanfield In Talks To Star
Latest Film News
- Oscars Set Diverse Group To Intro Best Picture Noms During Ceremony
- Donald Tang On The Implosion Of Global Road: ‘I Take Responsibility’
- MACRO Inks First-Look Deal At Warner Bros.
- ‘The Highwaymen’ Trailer: Kevin Costner And Woody Harrelson Provide New Perspective On Bonnie & Clyde Legend
- Amy Poehler To Direct ‘Moxie’ At Netflix; Riot Grrrl-Inspired Teen Starts Feminist Revolution At Her High School
- Cambodian Action Film ‘The Prey’ From ‘Jailbreak’ Director Gets UK Distribution Deal