Thor star Chris Hemsworth will not be in American Assassin after all, Deadline has learned. He turned down CBS Films‘ offer to play terrorist hunter Mitch Rapp over scheduling issues, a source says. “The truth is the deal never came together because of timing,” the source said. Hemsworth, who recently signed with CAA, is certainly busy. The actor is reprising his role in Thor 2, then has the Steven Spielberg-directed Robopocalypse and The Avengers 2 on the books. American Assassin is based on the best selling Vince Flynn novel of the same name.
No Chris Hemsworth For ‘American Assassin’
What's Hot on Deadline
First Lady Of The United States Drama Produced By Michael Weatherly & Eric Christian Olsen In Works At CBS
'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald' Eases Loot To $63M+ Opening; Awards Season Fare Struggles
Daytime Emmys: Network Soaps Lift Boycott Threat But Others Will Shun Awards Over NATAS’ Response To Snafus
Bill Maher Addresses Stan Lee's Death, Says Adults Pretend Comic Books Are "Sophisticated Literature"
Latest Film News
- YouTube Now Streams Ad-Supported Movies Including ‘Legally Blonde’, ‘Rocky’
- Ira Sachs Drama ‘A Family Vacation’ Starring Isabelle Huppert Gets New Title, Release Date
- ‘Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald’ Snatches $74M Overseas, Hits $100M WW Through Friday
- AMPAS Governors Awards Red Carpet Limited Because Of California Wildfires
- Notes On The Season: Oscar Race’s Crazy Weekend; ‘Mary’s’ Two Queen Contenders; Indie Spirits Go…
- William Goldman: Photo Gallery Of A Screenwriting Legend’s Greatest Hits