ABC, which has one family comedy with a male lead on the air in Tim Allen’s Last Man Standing, is developing another multi-camera family half-hour centered on a guy played by a stand-up comedian. The network has bought Big Children, written/executive produced by Scott Marder (It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia) and starring actor-comedian Rory Scovel (The Life And Times Of Tim). Produced by ABC Studios, it centers on a thirtysomething “only child” (Scovel) who must move home and parent his parents after they retire and revert to acting like children with too much time on their hands. Scovel is repped by CAA, which also reps Marder, Mosaic and Isaac Dunham.
ABC Develops Family Comedy Starring Comedian Rory Scovel
What's Hot on Deadline
First Lady Of The United States Drama Produced By Michael Weatherly & Eric Christian Olsen In Works At CBS
'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald' Eases Loot To $63M+ Opening; Awards Season Fare Struggles
Bill Maher Addresses Stan Lee's Death, Says Adults Pretend Comic Books Are "Sophisticated Literature"
'Last Man Standing', 'Blue Bloods' Lead Friday Ratings; ABC Duo & 'Midnight, Texas' Hit Season Highs
Daytime Emmys: Network Soaps Lift Boycott Threat But Others Will Shun Awards Over NATAS’ Response To Snafus
Latest TV News
- Busy Philipps Was “Really Traumatized” By Cox Brothers ‘Blades Of Glory’ Betrayal
- NFL’s ‘Heidi” Game Remembered, Changed Pro Football TV Rules
- ‘Big Mouth’ Renewed For Season 3 On Netflix
- ‘Last Man Standing’, ‘Blue Bloods’ Lead Friday Ratings; ABC Duo & ‘Midnight, Texas’ Hit…
- Bill Maher’s New Rules Advice For The Holidays: Just Shut Up
- Stacey Abrams Concedes In Georgia Governor Race, Blames Voter Suppression