Fox‘s new comedy The Mindy Project may have secured a supersized 24-episode order, but it is still very much a work in progress as the freshman has garnered critical praise but has yet to connect with wide audiences. Now the series is implementing creative changes midway through Season 1, which include the elimination of a character, played by regular Amanda Setton, and the downgrade of another one, played by Anna Camp, from regular to recurring. That means that for the time being creator/executive producer/star Mindy Kaling and Zoe Jarman (Betsy) will be the only female regulars on the medical comedy. According to TVLine, which broke the news, the move coincides with the show introducing a new recurring female character, Maggie, a tomboyish college friend of Mindy’s (Kaling).
A Regular Role Cut, Another Downgraded To Recurring On Fox’s ‘The Mindy Project’
What's Hot on Deadline
Elisabeth Röhm To Play Fox News Host Martha MacCallum; Spencer Garrett Is Sean Hannity: Jay Roach's Roger Ailes Movie
Don't Stop Him Now: Will The Oscars Embrace ‘Mr. Robot’ Emmy Winner Rami Malek's Turn As Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'?
Netflix Orders Innovative Animated World War II Drama Series 'The Liberator' From A+E Studios, Unique Features & Jeb Stuart
Latest TV News
- Christopher G. Cowen Launches Station 10 Media In Joint Venture With Boardwalk Pictures
- ‘The Village’ Casts Nadine Nicole; Reshma Shetty Joins ‘Instinct’
- Viacom CEO Bob Bakish Concedes “Some Softness” At Nickelodeon: “We Are Actively Working On It”
- ‘Requiem’ & ‘The Missing’ Outfit New Pictures Options Dystopian YA Novel ‘The Territory’
- CNN, Jim Acosta Take Victory Lap After Judge Tells White House To Return Press Badge Pronto
- CNN Wins Round 1 Of Battle With Donald Trump White House Over Jim Acosta Press Badge