EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has closed a pre-emptive screen rights deal for Cool, Sweet, Hot, Love, a book by Erin McCahan that was just acquired to be published by the Dutton imprint Dial Books in fall 2014. The title is a clever misnomer, and no, Warner Bros hasn’t joined the parade looking for the next Fifty Shades Of Grey in this case. It’s a young-adult novel about a female teenage genius, a lover of linguistics, and the title reflects her desire to see what those words mean to the various groups she comes in contact with, from adults to her peers. The deal was brokered by RWSG’s Liza Wachter, who worked with lit agent Faye Bender. The studio got a peek at the book when it was submitted two weeks ago to publishers, and Warner Bros moved quickly. McCahan wrote I Now Pronounce You Someone Else, and the feeling is the new one will be her breakout book.
Warner Bros Cozies Up To ‘Cool, Sweet, Hot, Love’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic 'Eurovision' As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest Film News
- Warner Bros Chief Promises “Lively And Honest Conversation” As Post-Merger Town Hall Meetings Commence
- Universal Opens New Hong Kong Office, Sets Anita Cheung Woon-Man As GM
- ‘Searching’ Trailer: John Cho Points & Clicks His Way Through The Sundance Internet Thriller
- Marvel’s ‘Iron Fist’ Set To Hit Comic-Con; No Show For ‘Captain Marvel’ & Film Side
- Maura Tierney Joins CIA Drama ‘The Torture Report’
- California Split: Who Would Get Custody Of The Golden State Movies If Ballot Measure Passes?