Ted‘s worldwide gross reached an estimated $469 million today. That puts the Universal/Media Rights Capital comedy ahead of the previous recordholder, Warner Bros’ The Hangover and its $467.5M. So that makes Ted now the #1 highest grossing R-rated original comedy of all time around the globe. Ted went over the top by opening #1 or #2 this weekend in France, Belgium and Switzerland. The Seth MacFarlane pic starring Mark Wahlberg is now open in 44 international territories. and its international total is now $250.5M (after adding $13.9M at 2,900 dates this weekend). Pic still has 4 territories yet to open – including Malaysia on October 18th, India on October 26th, Venezuela on December 21th, and Japan in January. Domestically, the film is now in Week 16 with a cume at the end of this weekend estimated to be $218.5M.
‘Ted’ #1 Biggest R-Rated Original Comedy
What's Hot on Deadline
'Catfish' Resumes Production After Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Host Nev Schulman Found "Not Credible"
Latest Film News
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Still Loud With $147M+ – Early Sunday AM Update
- Did Tom Holland Reveal The Title Of The ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Sequel?
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jennifer Jason Leigh, Tanya Saracho, And DeWanda Wise
- Marvel’s James Gunn Blasts Trump For Signing Crime Victim Photos
- Seth Rogen Refused A Picture With House Speaker Paul Ryan
- 20th Century Fox Sets Dates For Untitled James Mangold Ferrari Project, Kenneth Branagh’s ‘Death On The Nile’