The European Team’s dramatic victory yesterday wasn’t the only big win at the Ryder Cup. NBC’s coverage of the bi-annual golf tournament delivered the event’s best ratings since 1999, up 71% compared with 2010 and 21% over 2008. The noon-6:30 PM broadcast from Illinois drew a 4.1/9 in overnight ratings for Sunday’s final round, which saw the Euro squad come back from a 10-6 deficit to beat the U.S. 14½-13½. The 2010 Ryder Cup from Newport, Wales, — also won by Europe — drew a 2.4/7 in overnight ratings. The 2008 Ryder Cup from Louisville, won by the U.S., drew a 3.4/7. The 1999 broadcast, which showed the U.S. win in Brookline, Mass., got a 6.3/15. On Saturday, NBC’s coverage was up 52% from 2010 and 14% from 2008. The next Ryder Cup is scheduled for September 2014 in Gleneagles, Scotland.
NBC Scores Best Ryder Cup Ratings Since 1999 With Dramatic Euro Team Win
What's Hot on Deadline
'Catfish' Resumes Production After Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Host Nev Schulman Found "Not Credible"
Latest TV News
- Alec Baldwin Invites Melania Trump To “Come Over To The Light” And Join Him On ‘SNL’
- ‘One Day At A Time’ EP Says TV Writers Stop Border Separation Campaign Is About “Paying It Forward”
- ‘Catfish’ Resumes Production After Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Host Nev Schulman Found “Not Credible”…
- Univision Warns DISH Subscribers On Potential Access Cut-Off In Carriage Dispute
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jennifer Jason Leigh, Tanya Saracho, And DeWanda Wise
- David Simon Twitter Reinstated, And Showrunner Returns With A Vengeance