The agreement will see Comcast’s Xfinity On Demand customers be able to watch the four most-recent episodes from CW series — including the programs the day after they air — on-demand for free. The deal, which takes effect tomorrow, marks the first time The CW has made its shows available on VOD via a multi-service operator. The series will be offered in HD and standard definition and include The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, America’s Next Top Model, Hart of Dixie, 90210, Arrow, Nikita, Beauty & the Beast, Emily Owens, M.D. and Gossip Girl. Xfinity’s on-demand platform is in more than 20 million digital TV homes and gets almost 400 million views per month.
CW Pacts With Xfinity For First On-Demand Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
Batwoman TV Series In Works At the CW With Groundbreaking Lesbian Superhero Lead From Caroline Dries & Greg Berlanti
Hollywood & Beltway On Summit: Schwarzenegger Calls Donald Trump "Little Wet Noodle, Little Fan Boy" - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘9-1-1’ Season 2 Promos: Jennifer Love Hewitt Answers The Emergency Call When Earthquake Hits L.A.
- Netflix Terminates Contract With The Weinstein Co.
- ‘Robin Williams: Come Inside My Mind’ Premiere Draws 1 Million Viewers On HBO
- ‘Teachers’ Adds Adam Korson To Roster; Sara Amini & Rati Gupta Join ‘Future Man’
- Julian McCullough New ‘Shark After Dark’ Host; Bob The Shark And Live Format Are Back
- Authentic Entertainment Co-Founder & CEO Lauren Lexton Departs, Helga Eike Returns To Replace Her