EXCLUSIVE: I’ve learned that Summit Entertainment will report that first day advance ticket sales for Breaking Dawn – Part 2 are outpacing Part 1. Tickets went on sale Monday and grosses already are shattering Twilight Saga films as the last in the series gets ready to release November 16th. In comparison to Part 1, Summit’s first day total for Part 2 advance ticket sales is 87% higher. (Part 1 came in at $626K; Part 2 at $1.17 million). Over a quarter of all tickets sold yesterday were from moviegoers snapping up tickets for ‘The Twilight Saga Marathon’ show which offers fans the chance to screen all of the films in the franchise on November 15th before the release of the final installment. Summit’s first day total for Part 2 is already running ahead of the three-day cume for Part 1. The conclusion to the Twilight Saga franchise stars Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner as Bella, Edward, and Jacob. The film based on the 4th novel in author Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight series was written by Melissa Rosenberg, directed by Bill Condon, with Wyck Godfrey, Karen Rosenfelt and Stephenie Meyer producing.
‘Breaking Dawn Part 2’ First-Day Advance Sales Shattering Twilight Saga’s ‘Part 1’
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
Latest Box Office News
- MoviePass The Morning After AMC’s $20/Month Ticket Program: $164M Bond Sale, Surge Pricing & More
- MoviePass’ Reaction To AMC’s New Ticket Sub Plan? Sour Grapes & Smack Talk
- Universal Opens New Hong Kong Office, Sets Anita Cheung Woon-Man As GM
- AMC Boss Adam Aron On Economics Of $20/Month Movie Ticket Service: “Our Program Will Be Profitable While Others Struggle To Be…
- Imax Gives Thumbs Up To AMC’s New $20/Month Subscription Program
- ‘Incredibles 2’ Flies To Best Tuesday In June With Near $27M