BREAKING… The Errol Morris-directed The Unknown Known: The Life And Times Of Donald Rumsfeld has been a hot topic ever since promo material for the controversial feature documentary was shown this year at Cannes. Now History Films, Radius-TWC and Participant Media in association with Moxie Pictures have come aboard for the pic, which The Weinstein Company label Radius-TWC will release theatrically sometime next year. Netflix and international sales agent Hanway Films also have joined the project, which draws on hours of filmed interviews and never-before-seen material from Rumsfeld’s private archive and looks at the Washington power player’s role in American history from Watergate to 9/11. The deals were negotiated by Submarine’s Josh Braun, who will also be an executive producer on the film; attorneys Sue Bodine of Cowan Debaets Abrahams & Sheppard; Peter Grossman of Lichter Grossman Nichols Adler & Feldman; and Participant COO Jeff Ivers.
Toronto: Radius-TWC, Participant And History Team For Errol Morris' Donald Rumsfeld Doc 'The Unknown Known'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Catfish' Resumes Production After Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Host Nev Schulman Found "Not Credible"
Latest Film News
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Still Loud With $147M+ – Early Sunday AM Update
- Did Tom Holland Reveal The Title Of The ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Sequel?
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jennifer Jason Leigh, Tanya Saracho, And DeWanda Wise
- Marvel’s James Gunn Blasts Trump For Signing Crime Victim Photos
- Seth Rogen Refused A Picture With House Speaker Paul Ryan
- 20th Century Fox Sets Dates For Untitled James Mangold Ferrari Project, Kenneth Branagh’s ‘Death On The Nile…