Screen Media Films has announced the formation of Primal Screen, a new label horror label that will focus on the development, production, and acquisition of new fright films. Screen Media president Suzanne Blech will oversee this new unit of the company and Michael Dwyer and Seth Needle will be at the Toronto Film Festival looking to scare up titles. That means they’ll haunt the Midnight Madness offerings and get no sleep. “Under our Screen Media Films umbrella, we are excited to launch a branded line of horror titles in this still quite profitable genre,” said Blech. “The brand will focus on connecting with fans by releasing unique genre films that literally appeal to their primal thirst for all things horror.” It furthers Screen Media’s reach into genre fare, as they have already released titles that include Night Of The Living Dead 3D: Reanimation, FDR: American Badass, Inkubus, and I Sell The Dead.
Toronto: Screen Media Hatches Horror Label Primal Screen
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
John Oliver Blasts Donald Trump Administration For Taking Children From Parents As Immigration Strategy
Latest Film News
- CAA Signs ‘Get Out’s Daniel Kaluuya
- Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic ‘Eurovision’ As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
- WarnerMedia CEO John Stankey: No More Top Exec Exits Expected Soon
- Hirokazu Kore-eda’s Cannes Winner ‘Shoplifters’ Continues Japan Box Office Surge, Crosses $16M In…
- Sammy Davis Jr. Biopic Project Sets Up At Paramount Pictures
- Amblin, Sam Mendes Set WWI Drama ‘1917’ As His First Directing Effort Since James Bond Pics ‘Spectre’ & ‘Skyfall…