CBS’ Survivor returned for its 25th (!) season last night with a 3.1/10 in adults 18-49 and 11.2 million viewers. That was down 9% in the demo from the veteran series’ premiere last fall when it did not face The X Factor and is the show’s lowest-rated fall debut ever. In total viewers, Survivor was up 5% for the franchise’s most watched season opener since September 2010. Following the 90-minute Survivor premiere, the newly renewed Big Brother closed out its 14th-cycle finale with a 2.5/7 in 18-49, down 14% from last year’s finale and its lowest-rated summer finale ever.
After its bloody faceoff with The Voice last week, Fox’s The X Factor (3.5/10) rebounded a bit, up 6% from last Wednesday’s fast national. (The X Factor is usually adjusted up in the finals.) Fox (3.5/10, 9.4 million) won the night in 18-49 and total viewers. ABC and NBC aired reruns, the CW’s Oh Sit! (0.4) was flat.
Subscribe to Deadline Breaking News Alerts and keep your inbox happy.