FX‘s new Cold War series The Americans will debut at Mipcom’s World Premiere TV Screenings next month in Cannes. The confab says the Oct. 8 screening will be followed by a Q&A with the leads and production team. Keri Russell, Matthew Rhys and Noah Emmerich star in the period series about the complex marriage of two KGB spies posing as Americans in suburban Washington DC shortly after Ronald Reagan is elected President. Creator Joe Weisberg is exec producer/showrunner, alongside exec producer Graham Yost. Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey of DreamWorks Television, who initially approached Weisberg with the idea, also exec produce. The pilot, directed by Warrior‘s Gavin O’Connor, was picked up to series with a 13-episode order from FX in August. It’s being sold internationally by Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution. Fox Television Studios president David Madden and FX head of series development & EVP FX productions, Eric Schrier, will also be on hand for the debut. The Americans starts production in October and airs in early 2013.
Mipcom: Spy Drama 'The Americans' To Screen In World Premiere
What's Hot on Deadline
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest TV News
- ‘Saved By The Bell’ Pop-Up Changes The Game When It Comes To Authorized Fan-Driven Experiences
- Judd Apatow Urges Fox Showrunners & Talent To Speak Out Over Fox News’ Child Detention Coverage
- DHS Secy Nielsen Insists “We Are Country Of Compassion” As She Touts Trump’s Child Snatching Immigration Policy
- ‘This Is Us’ Taps ‘The Things They Carried’ Author Tim O’Brien As Consultant For Season 3
- Gareth Emery To Topline ‘We Are CVNT5’ Electronic Dance Music Mockumentary Series On Verizon’s go90
- Marvel’s ‘Iron Fist’ Set To Hit Comic-Con; No Show For ‘Captain Marvel’ & Film Side