BREAKING… The Kung Fu Panda director has come aboard Sherlock Gnomes, the 3D animated sequel to last year’s Disney-released Gnomeo & Juliet. Elton John‘s Rocket Pictures is producing again with the first movie’s co-writers Andy Riley and Kevin Cecil also back for the follow-up, which centers on the characters from the first movie enlisting the help of a famous gnome-detective in solving the sinister disappearance of gnomes from the suburban gardens of England. “John has the perfect sensibility for this movie, together with the vision to build on the first film to create a distinctive, fresh and action-packed adventure,” said Rocket CEO and producer Steve Hamilton Shaw. Stevenson is repped by CAA. Elton John is writing original music for the movie, which is now set to begin production early next year. Rocket Pictures, repped by UTA, also said today that it has hired former Walt Disney Animation production head Carolyn Soper to help oversee production on the pic, working alongside Hamilton Shaw as the company ramps up its animation ambitions. Rocket’s David Furnish and Elton John are also producing.
John Stevenson Tapped To Direct 'Gnomeo & Juliet' Sequel 'Sherlock Gnomes'
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Blasts Donald Trump Administration For Taking Children From Parents As Immigration Strategy
Latest Film News
- ‘Like Father’ Trailer: Kelsey Grammer, Kristen Bell & Seth Rogen Are On A Boat In Netflix Comedy
- Tom Hollander Joins ‘Baptiste’, Angelina Jolie-Execed ‘The Breadwinner’ Wins At Annecy, UK Fund…
- ‘The Sopranos’ Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & ‘Mindhunter's Holt McCallany Star In Dark…
- ‘The Rest Of Us,’ Female Driven Babe Nation Creations Feature, Starts Shoot
- Blumhouse Partners With Tang Media On Chinese Horror/Thriller Pics
- ‘American Gods’ Star Yetide Badaki Launches Campaign For Reimagining Of ‘Alice In Wonderland’