What a difference a week makes. Last Monday, MSNBC topped the cable news ratings in the key 25-54 demo for the first of two nights owing to its coverage of the secret Mitt Romney tape. This Monday, Fox News Channel is solidly back at No. 1 in the demo. Fox News pulled in an average of 2.3M total viewers in primetime last night, while MSNBC had 1.3M and CNN 573,000. The numbers were a bit tighter in the demo, but Fox still topped second-place MSNBC by more than 100,000 viewers. Among the night’s top five shows, MSNBC did much better with the demo than it did in total viewers: With 429,000 viewers in 25-54, The Rachel Maddow Show was the third-highest-ranked show behind The O’Reilly Factor’s 633,000 and Sean Hannity’s 488,000. Still, if those numbers continue, Maddow won’t beat Hannity in the demo like she did the week of September 17. MSNBC’s The Last Word With Lawrence O’Donnell was fifth last night in the demo with 412,000, just behind The Fox Report’s 418,000. Bill O’Reilly topped all primetime shows in total viewers with 3.2M.
Fox News Reclaims Cable News’ Top Ratings Spot Monday
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
As More Showrunners Speak Up Against Fox News, 20th TV Faces A Short-Term Problem, FBC - A Long-Term One
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Tells Media Who Melania’s Mean Jacket Message Targeted: Them
- TV Talk Podcast: Emmy Voters, Here Are The Hot Races We’re Talking About
- ‘The Good Doctor’: Lisa Edelstein To Recur On Season 2, Sets ‘House’ Reunion
- Johnny Depp’s $650M Film Fortune “Almost All Gone”, New Rolling Stone Exposé Says
- Steven S. DeKnight Inks Overall Deal With Netflix
- VFX Supervisor Everett Burrell Brings AIs, Soaring Megalopolis & Real-World Science To ‘Altered Carbon’