Wrekin Hill plans an early 2013 theatrical release in North America for Drift, which stars Sam Worthington, Myles Pollard, and Xavier Samuel. Inspired by the true story of the formation of such Australian surf lines as Quiksilver and Billabong, the Aussie-set story centers on two brothers who launch a backyard surf gear business but get caught up with a local drug dealer, threatening their family and their future. Morgan O’Neill and Ben Nott directed O’Neill’s screenplay. Tim Duffy, Michele Bennett and Pollard produced the film for World Wide Mind Films. The deal was negotiated by Wrekin Hill president and CEO Chris Ball and Rene Cogan with Gregory Chambet at TF1 and executive producer Peter Lawson on behalf of the producers.
Wrekin Hill Acquires Aussie Surf Drama 'Drift'
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Blasts Donald Trump Administration For Taking Children From Parents As Immigration Strategy
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Latest Film News
- Amblin, Sam Mendes Set WWI Drama ‘1917’ As His First Directing Effort Since James Bond Pics ‘Spectre’ & ‘Skyfall…
- L.A. Memorial Service Set For Film Sales Vet Robbie Little
- Mandalay Sports Media/IMG Bring UFC Founding Father Rorion Gracie’s Story To Screen
- ‘Incredibles 2’ Record $183M Beats ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Opening & Lifetime Totals Of ‘Cars 3’, ‘A Bug’s Life…
- ‘Like Father’ Trailer: Kelsey Grammer, Kristen Bell & Seth Rogen Are On A Boat In Netflix Comedy
- Tom Hollander Joins ‘Baptiste’, Angelina Jolie-Execed ‘The Breadwinner’ Wins At Annecy, UK Fund…