Oscilloscope Laboratories has acquired the North American rights to Only The Young. The coming of age documentary follows three teens in a Recession-plaqued SoCal desert town. Jason Tippet and Elizabeth Mims directed Only The Young. The film premiered at this year’s True/False Film Festival. Only The Young went on to win the award for Best U.S. Feature at the AFI-Discovery Channel SilverDocs Documentary Festival. Derek Waters produced the film. Oscilloscope’s marketing, distribution and acquisitions chiefs David Laub and Dan Berger of negotiated the deal with UTA Independent Film Group, who represented Tippet and Mims.
Oscilloscope Picks Up 'Only The Young'
What's Hot on Deadline
Elizabeth Banks To Star In & Produce Paramount Players Pic On The Day A Wyoming Hotel Maid Won A Dream Date With Prince
'Crazy Rich Asians' Could Hit $30M In 5-Day Opening; Fandango Presales Currently Besting 'Girls Trip'
Latest Film News
- Paramount Sets First Look Deal With Adam McKay & Will Ferrell’s Gary Sanchez & Gloria Sanchez Labels
- ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ Heading To $6M+ Wednesday; ‘Meg’ Swims To $60M – Midday Box Office
- Keri Russell To Join Adam Driver In ‘Burn This’ Broadway Revival
- ‘The Kindergarten Teacher’ To Open Hamptons Film Festival
- Ang Lee & Nancy Utley Among Those Set For DGA Honors
- ‘TMNT’ Producer Galen Walker Ties Up With ToonBox In Co-Production Deal