Bruce Davis, former executive director of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences, and producer Ron Yerxa are the new co-chairs of the Oscar foreign-language committee. The Academy confirmed that Davis and Yerxa are replacing producer Mark Johnson, who headed the committee for a dozen years. The new co-chairs will likely face continuing calls for tweaks to the selection process and eligibility requirements, which have evolved to include more well-reviewed and well-known movies. Yerxa’s producing credits include Little Miss Sunshine and Ruby Sparks.
OSCARS: Ron Yerxa, Bruce Davis Named Co-Chairs Of Foreign-Language Committee
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
As More Showrunners Speak Up Against Fox News, 20th TV Faces A Short-Term Problem, FBC - A Long-Term One
Latest Awardsline News
- Re-Creating New York’s Gilded Age, ‘The Alienist’ Production Designer Bought Out All The Cobblestone In…
- PGA Awards Set 2019 Date & Timeline
- Merritt Wever On The Importance Of Her Nonconforming Role In ‘Godless’ & Her Upcoming Noah Baumbach Project
- Bill Camp: ‘The Looming Tower’ Is “The Kind Of Thing That’s Owed To The World”
- Sandra Oh On Obsession And Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s ‘Killing Eve’
- How ‘Game Of Thrones’ Visual Effects Artists Steve Kullback & Joe Bauer Brought Down The Wall