Morris Chestnut has been set for the male lead of Sony’s The Hive, opposite Halle Berry. He plays her love interest, a cop, in the Brad Anderson-directed thriller that also stars Abigail Breslin. At the same time, he has landed a strong role in Kick-Ass 2, essentially playing the guardian for the young butt kicker played by Chloe Moretz. The Hive focuses on a 911 call center: a hub of frenzied activity where desperate phone calls come in. When a call comes in from Hyden (Breslin) a kidnapped teen who is stuffed in a trunk, a veteran operator (Berry) takes the line, using her considerable skills to keep the girl calm, while trying feverishly to find the kidnapper before it’s too late. Chestnut, a regular on last season’s FX drama American Horror story, just wrapped the Universal comedy ID Theft opposite Jason Bateman and Melissa McCarthy. He was last seen on screen in Think Like A Man. He’s repped by Gersh and KLWGN Ent.
Morris Chestnut Books 'The Hive' And 'Kick-Ass 2'
What's Hot on Deadline
Wilmer Valderrama Signs On To Return To 'NCIS', Enters First-Look Deal With CBS TV Studios Focused On Diversity
Latest Film News
- Seth Rogen Refused A Picture With House Speaker Paul Ryan
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Rises To $145M+ Opening – Saturday AM Update
- 20th Century Fox Sets Dates For Untitled James Mangold Ferrari Project, Kenneth Branagh’s ‘Death On The Nile…
- ‘Child’s Play’ Series May Be Headed To TV After Creator Twitter Tease
- Johnny Depp Loses Bid To Delay $25M Fraud Trial On Heels Of Train Wreck Rolling Stone Profile
- ‘Scorpion’ Actress Jadyn Wong Joins ‘Needle In A Timestack’; Raymond J. Barry Cast In ‘Made In Chinatown…