Hot off Magic Mike, Matthew McConaughey has signed on to play the role of Mark Hanna in The Wolf Of Wall Street, directed by Martin Scorsese. Red Granite is financing the adaptation of Jordan Belfort’s best-selling memoir The Wolf Of Wall Street, on which the film is based and is financing the film. McConaughey’s character, Mark Hanna, is the early boss and mentor of Belfort, who’s played by Leonardo DiCaprio. Jonah Hill, Jean Dujardin, Rob Reiner, Kyle Chandler, Margot Robbie, Jon Bernthal also star. Terry Winter wrote the script. McConaughey just opened in the William Friedkin-directed Killer Joe.
Matthew McConaughey Joins 'The Wolf Of Wall Street'
What's Hot on Deadline
Shailene Woodley, Jamie Dornan, Sebastian Stan & Matthew Gray Gubler Lead Drake Doremus-CJ Pic; Protagonist On For Sales -- AFM
Judy Blume Grants 'Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret' Screen Rights To James L. Brooks & Kelly Fremon Craig
'NYPD Blue' Sequel With Andy Sipowicz's Son Set At ABC From Matt Olmstead, Nick Wootton & Jesse Bochco
Latest Film News
- ‘Blade Runner 2049’ Star Ana De Armas Joins Daniel Craig & Chris Evans In ‘Knives Out’; Shoot Begins…
- IFC Films Acquires TIFF Drama ‘Out Of Blue’
- Liev Schreiber & Alex Wolff To Star In ‘Human Capital’ Movie; Marc Meyers To Direct Oren Moverman Script
- Disney Finalizes Film Studio Brass Under Alan Horn: Emma Watts Confirmed To Run Fox
- Jeannine Oppewall To Receive Art Directors’ Lifetime Achievement Award
- Orion Classics Picks Up Tribeca Drama ‘All These Small Moments’