Fox has bought Athena, a drama project from writer Lisa Joy (Pushing Daisies), Chernin Entertainment and 20th Century Fox TV. The project, which has received a script commitment, is based on Joy’s graphic novel, Headache, a coming-of-age drama about a 23 year-old woman who discovers she’s Athena, the Greek goddess of wisdom and warfare. Each week she must maintain her secret identity while battling a slew of ancient monsters from Greek mythology and searching to uncover which of the other Greek gods is secretly plotting against her to take over the Earth. Joy, repped by UTA and attorney Michael Schenkman, will write the adaptation and will executive produce with Peter Chernin and Kathrine Pope. She most recently was a co-producer on USA’s Burn Notice.
Lisa Joy To Adapt Her Comic 'Headache' As Drama For Fox Produced By Chernin Co.
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Asks Whether Donald Trump's 'SNL' Tweet Is "A Threat To My Safety And That Of My Family?"
Writers Guild Awards 2019: 'Eighth Grade' & 'Can You Ever Forgive Me?' Take Top Prizes - Full Winners List
Latest TV News
- Alec Baldwin Asks Whether Donald Trump’s ‘SNL’ Tweet Is “A Threat To My Safety And That Of My Family?”…
- Viacom International Media Networks Launches Interactive Gameshow ‘MTV Stax’ On Facebook Watch In UK
- ‘2025’: How Did Keshet’s ‘Black Mirror’-Meets-‘Monopoly’ Entertainment Format Land?
- All3Media’s Lime Pictures Options Futuristic YA Death Row Drama ‘The Loop’
- Twofour Scores Bumper Order For Social Experiment 'Undercover Girlfriends' As Backer ITV Touts Formats Globally
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’, ‘Roma’ Top Golden Reel Awards – MPSE Winners List