Who says DVDs are dead? Oh that’s right, the studios. But not when they sell a movie the public really wants. Countless fans lined up across the country in anticipation of the midnight release of Lionsgate’s The Hunger Games DVD and Blu-ray. Cast members made special appearances at select Walmart locations in Phoenix, Miami, Dallas, Atlanta, and Los Angeles, greeting the fans and signing DVDs and Blu-rays. There was a special launch event at Toys ‘R’ Us in NYC’s Times Square today. (Photo from Walmart in Dallas.) To date The Hunger Games directed by Gary Ross and starring Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth, and Josh Hutcherson has grossed $684.5M worldwide since its release in March.
Huge Crowds To Buy 'Hunger Games' DVD
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
As More Showrunners Speak Up Against Fox News, 20th TV Faces A Short-Term Problem, FBC - A Long-Term One
Sony Pictures Classics Calls Peter Fonda Tweet "Abhorrent" But Will Open 'Boundaries' As Scheduled - Update
'The ABC Murders': First-Look At John Malkovich As Hercule Poirot As BBC/Amazon Drama Rounds Out Cast
Latest Film News
- AT&T To Launch Its WatchTV ‘Skinny Bundle’ Video Streaming Service
- ‘Hurricane Heist’ Producers Moshe Diamant & Christopher Milburn Team With Superkombat CEO On Action Label
- ‘Dead In A Week’: First Trailer & Key Deals For Comedy Starring Aneurin Barnard, Tom Wilkinson…
- Gal Gadot and 'Wonder Woman 1984' Planned As Warner's Big Comic-Con Surprise
- Wall Street Betting On Comcast To Counter Disney’s Offer For Fox
- Universal Bringing The Thrills To Comic-Con With ‘Glass’ & ‘Halloween’