No deals have been made, but I am hearing that things are getting serious between Warner Bros and Harry Potter director David Yates on Tarzan, the long gestating film about the tree swinging ape man. At the same time, Paramount is courting Christopher McQuarrie for Without Remorse, an equally long gestating thriller based on the Tom Clancy book about Clark the mercenary who appeared in the Jack Ryan films, and who was played in Clear in Present Danger by Willem Dafoe. In Without Remorse, Clark is a Navy SEAL turned CIA operative who is bent on revenge after a drug dealer kills his girl. Warner Bros has denied Yates is set and Paramount insiders have said they would look to McQuarrie for a new draft of a script originated by Shawn Ryan. But Paramount is high on McQuarrie for the job he did directing Tom Cruise in Jack Reacher, based on the Lee Child novels. Stay tuned.
Director Talk: David Yates For 'Tarzan,' Christopher McQuarrie For 'Without Remorse'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Netflix Fired Comms Chief Jonathan Friedland Over N-Word
- Sony & Amy Pascal Developing Marvel Comic ‘Silk’, About Korean-American Superhero
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Headed To $135M+ Opening – Midday B.O. Update
- ‘Dark Skies’ Writer-Director Scott Stewart Inks With Verve
- Teen Choice Awards: ‘Black Panther’, ‘Solo’, ‘Riverdale’ Lead Nominations – List
- The Weinstein Co. Drops Purchase Price, “Creditors Feel Thrown Under The Bus”