As part of BBC America’s Supernatural Saturday, the net will air the first Doctor Who episode of season 7 at 9 PM ET on Sept 1. The show will also debut in the UK on BBC One about 7 hours earlier. The new series of five standalone segments kicks off with Asylum Of The Daleks, “an absolute belter,” according to star Matt Smith. Credited as the most ambitious Who season yet, episodes were shot on location in New York and Spain. Showrunner Steven Moffat – who’s also the co-creator of the BBC’s Sherlock – says, “Location shooting at this level is such a blast of fresh air for the show – wide open spaces and wide open skies. It’s easy to say ‘movie scale’ but that really is what we’re delivering.” Season 6 of Doctor Who was the most watched series ever on BBC America.
BBC America Sets Day-And-Date Return Of 'Doctor Who' On Sept 1
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Shames Melania For “I Really Don’t Care” ‘Jacket Seen Round The World
- ‘Dear White People’ Renewed For Season 3 By Netflix
- ‘Roseanne’ Spinoff ‘The Conners’ Picked Up By ABC With No Roseanne Barr Involvement
- Starz Donates Big Bucks For TV Scribes’ Push To Stop Border Family Separation
- Charles Krauthammer Dies: Fox News Contributor & Pulitzer-Winning Columnist Was 68
- Donald Trump Tells Media Who Melania’s Mean Jacket Message Targeted: Them